Voice Mail Set Up Instructions.
1. Dial Voice mail’s extension number 4500
2. When Voice mail answers, Press “*”
3. Voice mail will ask you to “Enter your Mailbox number” (That is your Extension number)
4. She will then ask you to “Enter your passcode, then press “#” (Default is your Extension number)
5. Enter a NEW passcode, then press “#” (up to 12 digits)
6. Record your First and Last name for the company directory, then press “#”
7. Listen to the 30 second introduction of Standard Voice mail features
8. Press 411 to access your primary greeting or 412 to access your alternate greeting
9. Record greeting, then press “#”
10. Follow the voice prompts for further instructions.
11. When you are satisfied with your Personal Greeting, press “#” to save it.
Hello, this is __________. I’m not available to take your call at the moment, but if you would leave your name, number, and a brief message, I will return your call as soon as possible. If you need immediate assistance, press “0” for the Operator
Voice Mail Day To Day Usage
To transfer a caller into voice mail:
1. While connected to the caller press TRANSFER
2. Dial voicemail 4500
3. Dial the mailbox number of the person they would like to leave a message for
4. Hang up.
To leave a message in a specific mailbox:
1. Dial voicemail 4500 and the designated mailbox of the person you would like to leave a message for
2. Dial the designated mailbox if no answer, press the MSG button hang up immediately to leave a silent caller ID message or wait for the designated voicemail to answer.
(Hint: To bypass the greeting press “#”, this will take you straight to the beep. Use the “*” key to delete a caller ID message)
To retrieve messages using your MSG key:
1. Press the flashing MSG key
2. Enter your passcode and press “#”
3. Listen for further prompts.
To retrieve messages if your MSG key is not flashing or retrieve from another station inside the office:
1. Dial voice mail 4500
2. Press “*”
3. Enter your mailbox number
4. Enter your passcode then press “#”
5. Listen for further prompts.
To retrieve your messages from outside of the office:
Dial your main, backdoor number or your own direct dial number
When you hear the voicemail greeting, press “*”
Enter your mailbox number
Enter your passcode then press “#”
Listen for further prompts.
**Press 1 to listen to new messages**Press 3 to listen to saved messages**
** Press 7 to save messages**Press 9 to delete messages**