All students are required to purchase a protective carrying case for their 2020 13.3" MacBook Air. Please follow these guidelines when purchasing:
- Separate from a regular book bag
- Fits a 2020 13.3” MacBook Air (see specific computer specs below)
- Straps and handles preferred
- LHN: No backpacks allowed
- Optional: Extra pocket to store charger is preferred (charger can be carried in the regular book bag, but you will find it more convenient to have a place for it in your laptop bag)
- Optional: You may also purchase a padded sleeve and/or a hard shell case for the laptop if you’d like, but these may only be used in addition to the bag, not as a substitute.
This is the bag that you will use to carry your MacBook Air. The main purpose of this bag is to minimize damages to your computer. Placing your computer in a bag instead of walking around with it will minimize the risk of dropping it. If the bag is dropped with the computer in it, the padding will offer some protection from damage. Straps and handles will give you a couple of different carrying options so you can carry it comfortably.
The bag must be separate from your regular book bag because backpacks and other large book bags are not allowed in the classroom. Also, placing your computer in a bag full of books and other supplies increases the chance that it will be damaged by scratches and crushing. School supplies shouldn't be carried in your computer bag - its purpose is only to carry your computer.
Links to specific computer specs:
LHN students: MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2020)
LSA and WL students: MacBook Air (M1, 2020)